PLUS BETALEN CURRENT ACCOUNT FOR REFUGEES FROM UKRAINE
If you are you a refugee from Ukraine of 18 years and able to to identify yourself, have a Dutch citizen service number (BSN) and do not yet have a current account with another Dutch bank, the Independent Adviser of RegioBank can open a current account (Plus Betalen account) for you on which you can deposit regular payments (such as your wages) and which allows you to manage your financial affairs.
Make an appointment with a RegioBank Independent Adviser
To find an Independent Adviser close to where you are residing, visit the RegioBank website (regiobank.nl). Do not go unannounced, but make an appointment first, allowing the adviser to prepare for the meeting and take the time for you.
We accept the following identity documents
- A valid Ukrainian passport or ID with the details also in English;
- A valid Ukrainian ID card with the details also in English;
- A valid Cyrillic Ukrainian passport in combination with a certificate confirming the identity by the Ukrainian Ebassy*;
- A valid Ukrainian permanent residence permit in combination with a passport from the country of origin*;
- A valid O-document issued by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND);
- A valid Dutch refugee/aliens' document.
*When this ID document is used, re-identification is mandatory after having received a new ID document accepted in the Netherlands.
If your ID document is no longer valid, please contact the Ukrainian Embassy and apply for a new passport. You can also renew a passport there.
Important documents and information to bring along with you to the appointment
- An identification document that we accept.
Proof from the municipality stating your Citizen Service Number (BSN), this may be:
- an extract from the Personal Records Database (BRP) stating your Citizen Service Number (BSN), or
- a letter from the municipality stating your BSN and the residential address
- Postal code and house number of your (temporary) residential address in the Netherlands;
- Your own email address;
- Your own telephone number.
If you do not have a Ukrainian passport or ID, or are the details on the ID not (also) indicated in English, please contact the Ukrainian Embassy to apply for a new one.
If you not speak Dutch or English, bring an interpreter along for the meeting with the adviser.
The terms and conditions of a Plus Betalen account
The terms and conditions of a Plus Betalen account (Voorwaarden Plus Betalen) (in Dutch only) will tell you what you can expect from us in relation to this account and what we expect from you. Please read them thoroughly before you open a Plus Betalen account.
Please note that there are some restrictions to the terms and conditions in your situation:
- you cannot apply for a credit limit on the account;
- you cannot open any other accounts;
- you cannot give other people access to your account;
- you can keep the current account as long as you legally residing in the EU and a reasonable interes would be served by maintaining it.
Click here for a summary of Plus Betalen in English.
Click here for a summary of Plus Betalen in Ukrainian.
Who can open a Plus Betalen current account?
You can open a Plus Betalen account if you are a refugee from Ukraine, are 18 years and older, have a Dutch citizen service number (BSN), do not yet have a current account with another Dutch bank and have an ID document accepted by us.
Good to know: if you do not yet have a Dutch citizen service number (BSN), you can request one at the municipality in which you reside.
What is the fee for a Plus Betalen account?
The fee to maintain the Plus Betalen current account is € 2.75 per month. For this fixed monthly fee you will receive a debit card and you are able to conduct financial transactions on a computer, tablet and mobile (online banking).
For all Plus Betalen related costs, see the list of fees (tarievenwijzer – in Dutch only).